Comments & Complaints
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.
However we are aware that things can go wrong, resulting in a patient feeling that he or she has a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly and as amicably as possible.
To pursue a complaint please contact the Practice Manager and she will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information regarding the complaints procedure is available from reception.
We are continually striving to improve our service. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated. A Suggestion/Comments form is available from the receptionist.
The Health Service Ombudsman
The Health Service Ombudsman has published a booklet that describes the ‘six principles for remedy’ in relation to complaints handling and involves:
- Getting it right
- Being customer focused
- Being open and accountable
- Acting fairly and proportionately
- Putting things right
- Seeking continuous improvements
If you remain unhappy after everything has been done to try to resolve your concern or complaint you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Write: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.
Practice Charter – Patient Information
- Please book your appointment early in the day – the diary fills up quickly. Our phone lines open from 8am.
- Please remember to cancel your appointment should it no longer be necessary
- For every patient visited at home the doctor can see four in surgery, where the facilities for examination and treatment are better. If a home visit is unavoidable please request before 10.00 am if possible
- If a patient misses more than 3 appointments without notification, the practice will write to find out whether there is a problem. If the situation cannot be resolved the patient will be removed from our list
- Violent or abusive patients may be removed from the practice list with immediate effect. The PCT will register all such patients on its violent patients list. Bradford & Airedale tPCT Douglas Mill Bowling Old Lane Bradford BD5 7JU Tel: 01274 237290 / 0845 111 500
Patients are offered a copy of their referral letter by the GP during their consultation. A leaflet is available to assist patients with any queries they may have regarding their referral. This can be obtained from the reception desk.
If you decide not to take a copy of your referral letter at the time, but decided subsequently, that you would like a copy of the referral letter it will be provided on request.